June 22nd 2012, 10-17 H
Organized by: FSH FilmSoundHamburg
Location: Elsa-Braendstroem-Haus, Koesterbergstr. 62, 22587 Hamburg-Blankenese. Accommodation possible at our guesthouse.
Instructor: Frank Heckel
Working language: German/English
Tuition fee: 250,00 EUR (incl. 19% Mwst./VAT)
20% Students discount
The workshop is aimed at composers, arrangers, orchestrators, musicians and publishers.
The main focus of the workshop will be the optimization of your workflow to accomplish all kinds of notation tasks while saving an enormous amount of time. This is especially important for film-composers. You will learn a lot of helpful techniques that will make difficult and time-consuming tasks a lot easier. Our target will be the virtuous handling of SIBELIUS to achieve complex notation-results reliably under time-pressure. Please prepare your individual files and questions so that your special notation-problems can be solved.
Central topics will be:
• Useful setup of documents for precise work under time-pressure
• Efficient note-entry-methods for notes, lyrics as well as articulation, dynamic markings and phrasing
• New features of SIBELIUS 7
• The new user-interface of SIBELIUS 7
• Layout of score and parts
• »dynamic« parts
• Cue-notes: how to create them, where to use them
• Complex printing features
• Working faster with useful keyboard shortcuts
• Workflow optimization: How to proceed to achieve reliable and professional results quickly
• Plug-Ins: little helpers with giant potential
• Data-exchange / further processing with related software: DTP (printed editions) and sequencer-software (»virtual« orchestra)
• Web-publishing with Sibelius
• Last but not least: special notation topics for individual instruments
Composer for Film and Concert Hall/Conductor/Orchestrator/Pianist (e.g. Neue Philharmonie Frankfurt, ZDF, WDR, arte, SAT.1: Harald Schmidt-Show), created the German localization of the first versions of Sibelius and coaches composers, orchestrators, arrangers, studios, broadcasting stations, musicologists, universities, publishers and »VIPs«.
In March 2008 his »SIBELIUS-Praxisbuch« (with co-author Wolfgang Wierzyk) was published by WIZOO-Books. His concert works are published by SIKORSKI Musikverlage, Hamburg, and Edition Peters, Frankfurt am Main.
© iffma 2012